Thursday, August 13, 2009
I am my own worst enemy! Until today!
What an emotional day. So I got up , had delightful conversations with my girls, Randy, friends, etc. Been planning on running with one of my girlfriends Kristie. So she of course has already ran the New York marathon and well can just pretty much kick my butt into meeting my goal . So went to her house and she basically walked me to the street and off we went. Before today I would run by myself and just fight with all the mental demons possible. So frustrated with the fact that I would just stop and not push myself. WHY? My legs hurt, or hip glitches, or too hot, whatever the case maybe I would just stop. Walk a couple of minutes and then go again. I of course am my own worst enemy. Well Kristie, being the sweetest angel ever invites me to run just "three miles". Are you kidding , I can go three but continuous running, will see . Put me in the pool and I am on it, two miles I have marked just Wednesday. So I show up, she says hi and we hit the pavement. Casual chit chat as we run, I glimpse and dread the hills,keep moving hit dirt road, more pavement , and more upward hills. Jesus I am going to die! Well thirty minutes later, yes thirty, I am back at her driveway. I made my first goal, so happy. I am so glad I got to share it with Kristie. I definitely owe her one. Everything I have worked for led me to this point. Such a high , I have never felt before, now of course what did I do after that.... shopping. Took my happy butt to Macy's and spent money on me and on Randy. Now I am not the only one on the path. Randy during these last few months has found his own path, and well thirty pounds lost, he is joining me in my journey. That of course is a whole another story, with hopefully a happy ending. So for now , my first 5k race in September is upon me,as well as a tri. Im only swimming for my team, I have not made there yet, but I sure as hell am on my way. Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are only as strong as you allow yourself to be...and you are one hell of a strong lady! Don't underestimate yourself E! I believe in you and love you!!!
ReplyDelete